Sunday, March 15, 2009

More from Vietnam...

Yes, the tiny tables and chairs! They’re all over- and very cute. It seems like mostly the Vietnamese eat at the tiny tables and more touristy restaurants have normal sized chairs and tables. I’ve enjoyed both- although we’ll see if I get sick due to eating the street food. Things are fine so far… yesterdays adventures with food included fried corn pained with butter and MSG! It was quite tasty.

I seem to be adjusted to this time zone pretty well- last night was the first night I didn’t sleep very well, and I’m a little tired today. Luckily we’re not up to much, just working on our presentations and wandering the city. Other than that- I’ve been getting up pretty early and going to bed early- or, early for me…

I’ll look for spices for Andy- there’s definitely a lot of them! Huge bags all filled up at the market. Of course, that means bartering, and I’m not a huge fan of that… but I’ll get over it.

The hives went away after I took a Benadryl. It really wasn’t a problem, and I’m not sure what it was caused by.

I have had some fruit, although I haven’t hacked into much of it was my knife. We eat breakfast here at the hotel and there’s always a lot of fruit that they have all cut up. It’s really good- I wish I could bring some back. Funny story about my knife… I got stopped when I checked by bag in Hanoi (we had to get our luggage and then recheck it between Hanoi and Hue). They pulled me back into this room and started going through everything I had checked (well, the one bag) and finally the woman said “You have something that looks like a knife” and I said- “Oh, yes,” and pulled it out. After that she seemed to think everything was fine, had me sign some list and let me go. I’m still not sure what the big deal was.

Okay… I should go do something- like have more corn with MSG.

Yes, I have my car keys, and I’ll come to Rice Farm Rd. for dinner on Sunday or Monday since John is working until Tuesday.

Oh, John- if you read this- I have seen a few… I guess I’d call then bowler hats. I’ll send a link with a picture at some point. Let me know if you want one (it’s hard to pick out hats for other people!)

No comments:

Post a Comment