Monday, March 16, 2009

Hi from the Rice Farm Fam.

Andy worked yesterday and I was out, for some reason, most of the day.  Fran invited me over for dinner so I effectively was not home until 9 or later.  Charley must have been a little miffed so in his ever-so-not-very-sneaky way, he discovered a Ghiradelli white chocolate bar and had over a third of it while I was at Fran's.  That of course included a good bit of paper and aluminum foil, too. 

He looked pretty sleepy when I got home and very UN hungry so we both went to bed and he slept like a baby until nearly 8 a..m.

He seems to be none the worse for the wear today and I finally fed him, for the first time today, at about 4.

Today was another pretty nice day though not quite as warm as yesterday but guess what?  There are daffodil shoots (with buds!) up on the south side of your bank where they always get a healthy boost due to the hot air that blows on them from the phone company building across the street.  Signs of spring:  I heard a good sized flock of geese flying north while I was washing my car (another sign of spring).

I took your car to Ernie's today and he said that 2 of the three pieces of plastic I brought to him do NOT belong to your car...Chloe's maybe?  Anyway, he says he can use that long piece - in other words, he won't have to replace it - and he'll do it this coming Monday (0ne week from today).  I'll be in NC but Chloe can help dad get it there etc.

Chloe's car's going in for a check up this Wednesday.  We may not get around to the fuse problem in your car but we could schedule some time some morning when you have a therapy appointment or something.  I'll bet it will only take a minute for Fletcher's to figure out.

Still no word from Chloe's group since the first that they'd arrived in Kenya. And they're due home in less that one week, at this point!

Chloe said she and Lyra ate the street food in Bangkok to no ill effect.  Probably when everything' cooked it's OK.  Take pictures of the tiny tables and chairs!  Do you drink tea?  Is the food generally spicy and hot!

Charley's tea-potting and listening for mice:  He ate a Horace today, I think.  Hope it sat well with the the Ghiradellis!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment