Ha. The keyboard on this computer isn't nearly as bad.
Anyway- I had a very exciting morning wandering around the huge market! They had everything- ranging from meats of all kinds to clothes to packing materials, to fruits, to spices, grains, flip-flops, hats, hardware, pretty much all you might need. Some of it was in a rather large building, and some was outside. It was all very packed together and felt rather like a maze. I was with Todd, Cathy, and Tim (nice break from college students...) and Todd commented that he felt rather claustrophobic with all the people grabbing him trying to sell stuff. I'd have to agree. In any case, it was quite amazing.
Last night for dinner I went out to one of the street vendors (hope my stomach survives...) and sat on the very tiny chairs at the very tiny tables that are typical of Vietnam. I had pho (noodle soup with meat and some vegetables), which was quite good, though some what spicy. My nose dripped a lot. The soup was served with a plate of hard boiled eggs (robin eggs maybe? They were really small), which we ate with (wait for it...) MSG. Yum.
Anyway, things are going well, although I'm still looking forward to having a bit more structure. Hopefully later this week.......
Oh- John, if you happen to read this, is the hat you have a poetry hat? And if not, can I get you a poetry hat? And does anyone else have any requests other then silk for Jane? Andy, I think I'll bring you back some dried ginger, there seems to be a lot, and Todd has been seeking it out.
More later, I'm hoping to run into Cathy, Tim and Todd for lunch, and then we're meeting some of the other students over at the Citadel (hope that's spelled correctly....)
Cheers!
Morgan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment