Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just a short note to let you all know that I'm still alive.

It's been hard to use the internet because there's a huge group of 8th graders from Hanoi who are staying in our hotel and taking up all the time of the two computers in the lobby. And I'm cheap and don't want to go to an internet cafe.

Today we actually went to the lagoon. If I'm going to get sick, it will been now. We had to walk out to the boat through some really really really nasty water. Huge amounts of trash and god knows what else. Then we ate a lot of seafood for lunch... I'm just crossing my fingers that I have a strong immune system.

The lagoon was okay- it was a little hard because most of the tour was on a boat with a very load moter- and it gave me quite a headache, well, that and I was dehydrated. I also got quite a sunburn yesterday... which has been hurting a bit. I'm now trying to be extra good about sunscreen and long sleeves. And not to be completely negative, but it's gotten to that point in the trip when some of the people are grinding on my nerves a little bit.

Anyway, we're leaving for Hoi An in the morning, so I have to try and remember to get money exchanged. I meant to get more out of the bank, but I forgot, and I also didn't tell Banknorth (debit card) that I was going to be in Vietnam, so I think if I try and take out money they'll freeze my account. Oh well. It shouldn't be a problem.

What else...

I guess that's all for now, many more details to come later. I'm off to read and write and pack for Hoi An. It's been a long day.

Hope you're all well-
Love,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment